We understand that seeking guidance is a big step toward your healing journey. You can expect our sessions to be held in a safe, warm, and inviting atmosphere (post COVID-19) or in the comfort and convenience of your own home via telehealth. We take time over the course of several sessions getting to know you and establishing rapport and trust. We also take time discussing the concerns that led you to seek therapy, relevant family history, medical information, and other concerns that are important and relevant to you.
When we have developed a foundation for our work together, we will discuss some steps toward reaching the outcomes you’d like to see.
Participating in therapy can provide a number of benefits to you. These benefits include but are not limited to:
- Prioritizing space and time for you!
- Increased self-awareness and self-esteem
- Deeper connection with your feelings and thoughts
- Reducing or eliminating psychological symptoms
- Improved relationships and boundaries
- Resolving the specific concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Decreased negative thought patterns
- Decreased self-defeating behaviors
Working toward these benefits, however, requires your commitment and effort. Psychotherapy requires your active involvement, honesty, and openness in order to come into a new awareness and achieve the progress you are seeking . Much of the value of therapy comes from using the skills, ideas, tasks and suggestions discussed during the sessions in your everyday life. Together we will discuss and assess the work we do together throughout your journey.